Translate

Thing Your Teachers will not Admit Part 3 (Trigger Warning)

    Teachers are interesting beings, we love our job so much to the point the even if there are things we are displeased about it we completely ignore them. We are compelled to actions that deep inside our hearts we keep an opposite insight.

    We love teaching too much to the point, that we do not care (sometimes) about our well-being. We put our profession first before anything else; that is why our passion burns through everything that we do. Which is one of the best characteristics of any educator. But like any blog entry of mine, you know that there are some details in regards to teaching that I like and dislike.

Disclaimer: This post is for entertainment purposes only. I am sharing my experience as a teacher and I am not generalizing the overall teaching experience. It may vary between teachers. These are all my opinion about the matter. Please do not come for me.


So without further ado, here are five things I am willing to admit as a teacher.

1. Exciting Class Suspension

    If the students are happy, to get a free off from school due to heavy rain,  typhoon, or some government-mandated event. Teachers do get excited as well, to be honest with you I check the calendar for any opportunity that a long weekend will come due to class suspension or government events.  These moments allow me to finish pending paper works, plan for the next class, or just rest. Of course, not everyone is like me, some dismay when classes are suspended. Of course, they are certain delays when classes are suddenly stopped. 

2. Restroom Break

    Do you ever wonder how many times a teacher goes to the restroom to relieve? To be honest, teachers have a bladder of steel. We do not go to the restroom unless it is a badly needed call of nature. We can survive a three to five hours long day of class without the need to relieve ourselves, and the result is not pleasant. Some teachers experience infection and kidney diseases in the distant future due to this bad habit. We could not just leave our class unattended for unknown catastrophes that might occur. So if your teacher is irritated this might be one of the causes.

3. Questionable School Uniform

    Again! I am not generalizing an entire institution. This is base on personal experience. So far in my experience, there is a rare number of situations that school uniforms for teachers are not well thought of. Sometimes the designs are tacky and old, also the colors and patterns of the uniform are questionable. When I fit them and looked in the mirror it gives off the old-maiden feeling (Yup! I will have no future love life in this uniform). I understand that there are certain dress codes for educators but sometimes I wish it evolves through time and style.

4. Eating? Break time?

    What is even a lunch break? Sometimes teachers do not have enough time to eat or snack for we need to prep for the next class. Some do not have breaks at all due to conflicts of schedules or overlapping activities. That is why sometimes dear students your teachers are cranky for they didn't have time to slide a cracker in them; so please be kind. I am actually guilty of this, I usually stuff myself with chocolate or coffee before class to forget that I am actually hungry, so I get a boost of energy, and after thirty to forty minutes of class I crash. It is actually a very vicious cycle I do not recommend. It can have an aftermath effect on our diet and health.

5. Called on demand

    Sigh! The reality that teachers take home works to offset is not enough, occasionally this job is demanding especially if needed. I am not talking of on-site duties or getting called to report to school. It is more on the idea that even on weekdays I get emails and messages about situations, activities, or deadline that constantly changes. Which I know some readers here do not like for it sometimes obliterates our entire plan. Some cases can be in the middle of the night or when the sun will just rise; my notification is exploding with messages, requests, and demands. So yeah! It makes me feel important but at some point it becomes annoying.