Translate

Thing Your Teachers will not Admit Part 4 (Trigger Warning)

    Being a teacher has its advantages and disadvantages. Our work might not define us entirely, but our action is a result of our decision. In this beautiful world of education, there are some details your teacher is keeping a secret or just can't share with you.

    But nonetheless being an educator is worthwhile, full of passionate individuals, and loving personalities. If your teacher is having a bad day, please be kind to them. We are only human after all.




Disclaimer: This post is for entertainment purposes only. All of the details you are going to read are based on my own personal experience, and I am not generalizing the entire teaching community or any generation. Please do not come for me.

Here are something I am willing to admit as a teacher:

1. Student Entitlement

    Is it me our, in the past years this type of students become rampant. Again, I am not generalizing an entire institution or generation but in honest retrospect, teachers encounter this type of student. In my own experience, there will always be one or two entitled students. It is either they ask for an enormous amount of consideration without actual work, and the main reason they act like this is that they have relatives inside the faculty or admin, they are alumni or benefactors of the school. I mean there is nothing wrong with having connections, just ensure you use it wisely and not pull down the quality of education.

2. Gifts is the best

    One of the best jobs in the world is teaching for once you get the trust and love of your students and parents; gifts do pour down from the sky. For all events and holidays that you can imagine, giving gifts to teachers is essential. Birthday, Christmas, Valentines, Whites Day, Thanksgiving, New Year, Teachers Day, and more. In my eight years as an educator, I have accumulated a lot of gifts from my students. So yeah! This  perk is amazing, look forward to it.

3. School events are not fun

    Where do I begin! School events are vital to boost the schools' morale and publicity; it is good but most of the time teachers work harder than ever when school events are present. We are asked to decorate, prepare, plan, host, and etc. Take note this happens while you are still conducting your normal everyday class. Extra work is at hand, for example, my school held its annual foundation day, our department on a yearly event held an "English Show" to showcase talents and arts related to English. Imagine the sheer amount of preparation all of us in our department have to go through. The only fun moment of a school event is once it is done, back to normal.

4. Wash Day! Best day!

    In my last post, I talked about wearing school uniforms for teachers and I do have a very opinionated say about it. Again I am not generalizing the teaching community, but wash day is literary freedom day. I get to wear comfortable clothes that actually fit me, base on the color I choose, and comfort. being able to wear jeans, instead of skirts and slacks is such a blessing, also wearing a collared shirt is better, instead of blouses with ribbons, tassels, and belts that are not pathetically pleasing. So again, I have had a bad experience with school uniforms.

5. Perfectionist Tendency

    Teachers are not perfectionists by nature. We want things done in a certain way. Which can cause conflict and displease among students and co-workers. The idea is teachers are the type of people that is hard to please; you cannot blame us for teachers only wanting the best for their students and it can get misconstrued for students and co-workers have their own styles and ways that work for them.  

Post a Comment

0 Comments