Translate

I NEED THESE: Things I can't live without as a teacher

     Admit it or not as educators, we all have tricks and things that we use every day to make our teaching lives easy; and to be honest I am no exception to that. As far as I could remember, way before this pandemic occurred; I have items that I heavily relied on to the point that I think I could not function as a teacher without those.

    Being a hot mess of a teacher is not fun, to begin with. Imagine entering the classroom you think you are prepared. You reach out in your pocket and notice you forgot this important item.

    What would you do?

    Let me be the messy and relatable one here, and share with everyone the items I use every day as a teacher which I consider things I could not live without.


Disclaimer: This post is for entertainment purposes only. The contents of these blogs are based on my personal experience and research. Please do not come for me.


1. Chalk/Markers/Pens

    No matter how high-tech the world will become; it is innate in every educator to find writing tools. Whether it may be your standard colored black or red pen or rainbow-colored chalked, as a teacher I love using these items. The personal touch pens, markers, chalks, and other writing materials provide are my way as an educator to let my students know that I took my time and effort in creating and preparing the lesson.

2. Calendars/Planners/Sticky notes

    One of my many weaknesses is entering a school supply store and seeing colorful calendars, planners, and sticky notes. As I love using colored writing tools, I need a place to write. That is why I buy so many calendars, planners, and sticky notes. If I am going, to be honest, I buy them for aesthetic purposes; fifty percent of the time I have them but never wrote on them. It is actually about the feeling of having to plan that provokes me to get these items. I hope you can relate to me. For other teachers that are literary planning, I envy you. I hope what you have prepared for the school year will come true.

3. Laptop/TV/Projector

    To contradict the top one items teacher needs; there are certain cases that educators do your technology to teach. It literary made our lives as educators a breeze, and learning has been fun for the students. Preparing PowerPoint presentations, videos, or other media for the class is fun; nowadays students highly appreciate teachers who are at least tech-savvy. No matter how traditional education can be, adapting modernity is important. When I was teaching my junior and senior high school students I often present lessons via television or projector. Teaching paperless on the teachers' end is a nice way to not be overwhelmed and feel burdened.

4. Pouches/Small bags/Pencil case

    As cute and charming as my colored sticky notes and planners. It needs to be paired with a cute and functional case. I am s sucker for this; I never leave the faculty or go to a class with any sort of pouch or case. All of the random items teachers needs are in those, believe me. From pens, pencils, erasers, tape, scissors, etc. name it a teacher has it as long as the pouch exists all you need is a teacher by your side, and just like a girl scout; name it we have it.

5. Mobile Phone & Earphones/Headset

    Okay! A teacher doesn't only teach all day; we have other things we need to do and most of the time these things or activities need our full concentration. I am not prioritizing or saying other teachers do this, but I do. My habit after a long period of teaching ended and dI need to check or grade any student papers. I just pull out an earphone, plug it into my mobile phone, and listen to music or podcast while completing the tasks. My personality reflects my teaching, to begin with; I am hyperactive, most of the time I do need a "cool time" to recharge and be myself again. I found out about myself is that music makes me focus and regain all the energy I burn from teaching.

    In totality as an educator, we are human. We work things out depending on our own disposition; what works for me might not work for others but I am glad to share these details for I truly believe that all educator has some form of commonality, one way or another. As long as you are teaching to the best of your ability and your students love you, keep on using the things that help you and maybe try new ones.

Post a Comment

0 Comments